Monday, November 26, 2007

A Balancing Act


Here is a question for all of you "Facilitators" and instructors of PSYCH-L out there to chew on:

I've been balancing for various aspects of my "psychology" for lack of a better word. Its common and natural for most of us to want to "self-improve". Your all familiar with the standard self-improvement balancing acts: anxiety, feeling more confident and other self-esteem issues, removing fear, anger and depression from our lives. These items keep reappearing in the Success Stories.

My question that has now become a set of questions:

Once we balance for various items on this list of psychological characteristics we'd like to "improve" are we done? Is it just a matter of watching changed behaviors manifest in our lives?

Is it that easy?

Are we "done done done" with that issue forever, or as I'm beginning to sense, can those issues pop up again in another behavioral disguise?

Could it be that we can only balance for those aspects of our psychology that we are presently aware of?

Another way of asking the question is, to what degree do we need to re-balance, if at all or are we simply experiencing new facets of our psychology that need additional balancing?

I am very interested to hear from YOU...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! I am pleased to read your blog! I have been practicing Psych-K for about 2 years now, I believe. I just took the Advanced class almost 2 months ago. I think the answer to your question lies in the understanding that our subconscious understands the present only, so it is a new balance everytime. Our concious mind likes to keep record and categorize for us. As we discover new ways to be and live, we may see (hear, feel, taste...) similar situations, however, it is truly unique to our NOW. History doesn't repeat itself, but it sure does rhyme! Looking ever forward to more co-creation, Shawna Tarboro