Monday, November 26, 2007

Feeling More Confident

Hi Jeff,

Here's a new success story to post. This one is actually mine! Bonnie.
Just wanted to touch base with you to share some of my successes over the last few weeks since our Edina class.

It is hard to explain the difference that I feel. I can't really put it into feelings and words, but I can tell you some of the things I am doing different since I balanced for "I love myself, therefore I take better care of myself". I don't turn away from the mirrors anymore. I am using better posture, and I'm smiling more. I have gone to bed earlier, eaten some better foods (and less of the not so good foods). I have also been to the Dr. for some long delayed tests, and lost 8 pounds. I balanced that I would lose 10 pounds this month and I think I'm going to do it! (Part of my weight loss right now is from some prep-work for one of the tests.)

In the area of my bus driver I balanced for "I am confident and competent at work". I had no incidences the first week and thought "Wow, this is a miracle. Not only did I change myself, but also changed my bus driver!" Then reality set in and she yelled at me 2 days in a row. The first day wasn't so bad and I had been minorly at fault so I apologized. The next day I hadn't done anything wrong, it just was not her way of doing things. Well I didn't keep silent that time. I held my head high and calmly told her what I had done each step along the way that was correct. I looked her in the eye and felt very confident. After she sat down and started to drive I kept looking (actually staring) at her in the rear-view mirror and each time she went to look in it she saw me and quickly took her eyes down. Usually she is the one glaring at me and I shy away. I wasn't glaring and I had a relaxed smile on my face as a sign of confidence. I don't know how things will be since that because she was gone the next day and I will be gone the next 3 days after that. But I felt very good about how I handled myself. It felt much better than cowering like I had done before.

Thank you for all your help and you sharing of something that is so powerful and useful.

No comments: